Established in 2018, the Marygrove Conservancy is a nonprofit organization that manages operations and stewards a 53-acre campus in northwest Detroit, the site of the former Marygrove College which operated from 1905 until 2019.
A major initiative of the conservancy is managing a landmark partnership to create a cradle-to-career (P-20) educational campus on the site. The P-20 campus is being designed to be an educational, economic and civic anchor in the revitalization efforts of the Livernois-McNichols community. The campus will integrate academic experiences from early childhood to college and career with community-driven services, so that students are empowered and equipped to define their own future and that of their communities.
The mission of the Marygrove Conservancy is to preserve the legacy of Marygrove College through equitable stewardship of a campus that exemplifies excellence in education, serving Northwest Detroit and the city overall.
The Conservancy envisions the campus as an anchor and hub of a thriving Northwest Detroit community, in which all children and families are engaged in transformative educational experiences from cradle to career, reflecting the legacy of Marygrove College’s role in the community.
Sister Jane Herb Chair, IHM Sisters
Antoine Garibaldi University of Detroit Mercy
Glenda Price Marygrove College President Emerita
Rose DeSloover Marygrove College Professor Emerita
Wendy Lewis Jackson The Kresge Foundation
Aaron Seybert The Kresge Foundation
Elizabeth Burns Marygrove College President
James Feagin Projects+PEOPLE
"*" indicates required fields
Please fill out the form below and a Beanstalk representative will be in touch with you.